[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”Reviewer: John Teo”][vc_column_text]This is a DVD that contains 10 incredible effects by Cameron Francis that require no sleight of hand, hence the witty title, “Out Of Sleight”!
Each of the 10 tricks uses subtleties rather than sleight of hand. Many of the tricks not only have a proper ending, they incorporate an unexpected climax as well. There is really no bad effect in this collection of 10 tricks. Each of the effects is strong enough to stand as a complete routine. You really get very good value for your money here.
The DVD is well produced. Each effect has Cameron actually performing for a lady spectator, or for 2 lady spectators. It is then followed by his explanation with co-host Liam Montier.
Out of the 10 effects, 3 of them are taken from his e-books “Headroom” and “More Headroom”. They are “Either/Or”, “COAT” and “Humming Words”.
Here is a brief description of each of the 10 routines:
- Out Of This Packet – an “Out Of This World” effect performed with a packet of only 20 cards. A spectator is able to separate the reds from the blacks but with a slight mistake, and that mistake is being predicted.
- Either/Or – a deck of cards is divided into 2 packets. From one packet, a spectator arrives at a random number. This number is used to find a card from the other packet. Both this card and the number are predicted in advance.
- COAT – this effect does not use playing cards – it uses 5 cards, each depicting a different object. One object is selected and the other 4 cards point to the selection of this card.
- Sleightless Sightless – 3 cards are selected by a spectator. The performer reads the mind of the spectator for the identity of the first card. He divines the identity of the second card, and predicts the third card in advance.
- Creation – spectator selects 2 cards. A new card is created from the value of one of these 2 cards and the suit of the other. The performer is able to divine this newly created card from the remaining of the deck.
- Find The Kings – in the process of dealing 4 poker hands, a spectator finds the 4 Kings.
- Humming Words – a packet of 11 letter cards is mixed up with some facing up and some facing down. It is divided into 2 piles. One pile is selected and the spectator forms the longest word possible with all the letters of this pile. The performer divines this word and predicts what letter will be left over unused.
- Gemini Annihilator – similar in effect to “Creation”, but using a totally different method. A new card is created from the value of one selected card and the suit of another. This card is predicted in advance.
- Coupling – from a packet of 12 cards, each of 2 spectators selects a card each. These 2 cards are found to be mates, eg Queen of Spades and Queen of Clubs. The rest of the cards are turned over to reveal they are of the opposite colours – in this case, all red cards.
- Date Fate – from a shuffled deck, the performer takes out a prediction card. Based on the spectator’s favourite date, she finds the 3 mates of the predicted card herself.
Magic is our passion but we are not a magic shop You can purchase this here![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]