[vc_row full_width=”” parallax=”” parallax_image=””][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”Reviewer: John Teo” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:left” google_fonts=”font_family:Abril%20Fatface%3Aregular|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text]The frixion pen is an erasable ink pen. When you make a mistake with the pen, the writing can be erased off with the special tip at the other end of the pen – this tip is much like the rubber eraser of a pencil. The writing disappears because of the heat caused by the friction between the “eraser” of the pen and the paper. You can then write over the erased words. When you put the paper in a freezer, the “erased writing” re-appears.
This pen reminds us of the dry marker pen which is used on “whiteboard” type of surface. The writing can be wiped away by cloth. Magicians have come out with many effects using this property of the dry marker pen.
There are already several magical effects in the market that utilises the frixion pen. Here is a DVD choke full of different ideas using the frixion pen. This DVD is based on the e-book of the same name.
In the DVD, Jeff Stone performs and explains about a dozen effects utilising the frixion pen.
- The classic Norman Ashworth’s “The Name Of The Card Is” is brought up to date with the frixion pen.
- A signed burnt book of matches is brought back to the time before it was set on fire.
- A drawing of a mixed up rubik’s cube gets solved instantly.
- A rubik’s cube materialises from a drawing.
- A drawing of 4 coins transforms to a drawing of the chosen coin, the other coins have vanished.
- The chosen coin can be extracted from a drawing of 4 coins.
- A drawing of a ripped playing card corner vanishes and the torn chosen card becomes whole.
- A drawing of a female changes into a drawing of a male.
- Drawings and messages get magically transformed to the chosen object.
In the “Roundtable Discussion” segment in the DVD, Jeff Stone discusses a further one dozen ideas with his creative team members Dan Paulus and Diamond Jim Davis:
- A shackled Houdini becomes free from the chains.
- How to play Tic-Tac-Toe and win.
- A rabbit appears in a drawing of a hat, and then disappears.
- A new way “7 Keys To Baldpate” where the drawing of a lock opens with a chosen key.
- Barcode and prediction of a price.
- A locked room can be opened to reveal what is inside the room.
- How to find a solution through a maze.
- How a drunkard can see straight with a glass of drink.
- How to change the total of a pair of dice.
Jeff also talks about the history of the frixion pen, how to disguise the frixion pen so that the audience can handle it, and the justification for using heat in the various effects.
This DVD is like an encyclopaedia of magic with frixion pens. The most important benefit of this DVD are the various creative ideas that will help you kick-start your own creation of an effect with frixion pen that suits your performing style. In addition to this, you also get:
- Free copy of the original e-book “Stone Frixion Fire” in pdf format.
- Access to a secret web site with additional up to date materials.
The DVD is well produced. Jeff does a good job in both performances and explanations. If you like novel magic, this DVD is a must have.
Please support intellectual property. Only buy original. Available from all reputable Murphy’s Magic dealers.
[usr 9][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]