[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_custom_heading text=”Reviewer: John Teo”][vc_column_text]The Omni Deck, where an entire deck of playing cards magically transforms into a solid transparent block of plastic, became an instant hit when it first came out. Then the novelty died out.
In recent years, the Omni Deck has become popular again, and many magicians have it in their performing repertoire. This prompted the invention of the Phantom Deck, where every single card in the deck is transparent. And now, we have the Omni Case, to complete the transparent card trilogy.
Omni Case is where the entire card case becomes transparent, with the design of the front printed in black ink. The printing is on the inside of the box, so that the ink is not worn out by the constant handling of the performer’s hand.
You receive this special Omni Case in a flat fold-down form. You have to fold it up into a proper card case. It is designed for a Bicycle Rider Back. Also supplied is a label for you to fix it onto the folded case to make it more authentic. The entire case is transparent except for the case label and the front design printing. You are also given a third item – a gimmicked front piece of the case in blue Bicycle back design that can be folded and transformed into a miniature blue back Queen of Clubs. You need to supply your own deck of playing cards.
Instructions are available from the internet by a password. You are taught how to transform a blue back Bicycle card case into the Omni Case. The handling can be enhanced by the use of a PK ring, not supplied.
There are 2 basic routines:
- In the first routine, a card is selected and lost back into the deck. The performer says that inside the card case is a prediction of this card. He then makes the card case transparent and the audience can see through the case that there is indeed only one card inside it – the spectator’s chosen card!
- The second routine is similar to the first one except that the prediction card is a miniature card.
4 other routines are presented:
- This one does not use the Omni Case but the miniature card. A blue case vanishes to reveal a deck of red back cards. A card is selected and lost in the deck. It is later discovered as a miniature card of a different colour back.
- This one involves the Phantom Deck, not supplied. A chosen card is lost in the middle of a deck placed inside a card case. With a magical gesture, both the case and the deck inside it become transparent except the chosen card which is the only one found in the middle of the deck.
- A coin penetrates a card case – the card case becomes transparent and the coin is seen inside it.
- A selected card is torn into quarters. A piece is kept by the spectator. The other 3 torn pieces are placed on top of the card case. Suddenly, the case becomes transparent and the 3 pieces penetrate the box. The 3 pieces are withdraw and found to be restored. The missing piece is matched exactly by the piece held by the spectator.
The Omni Case is a novelty in card magic and will certainly bring a smile to the audience.
Magic is our passion but we are not a magic shop ? You can purchase this here!
[usr=8][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”gp-standard-sidebar”][/vc_column][/vc_row]